Air Partners Corp. Privacy Office
263 Aero Way NE
Calgary, Alberta T2E 6K2
2. Identifying Purpose of Collection We will need you to provide us with certain personal information whenever you purchase airline tickets or make a flight booking. This personal information may include your name, address, telephone number, credit card number and the credit card's expiry date. We require this information to identify you, contact you, if necessary, and to complete the process of your purchase. We may also request your gender to assist in estimating the aircraft's total load and as an additional identifier. If you request a customized service we need to collect additional personal information.
Special Meals Some of Air Partners Corp.'s flights include special meals to account for a range of dietary requirements e. Requests for special meals must be made at the time you book your flight. If you are able to make such a request the information must be recorded in your travel booking. This information is then transferred to the applicable catering service as well as the flight crew.
Special Assistance We offer a range of travel services to individuals requiring special assistance. We also do our best to make your travel with us as comfortable as possible. Safety and comfort are always top priorities at Air Partners Corp.. To assure the safety and comfort of our passengers and crew we need to know of any special requirements for assistance. In certain situations a Air Partners Corp. doctor will need to contact your personal physician in order to ensure that all necessary precautions for your safety and enjoyment are made. This information will be forwarded to the airport staff as well as to the flight crew.
In certain airports we outsource the ground handling to another airline. If that is the case, we need to transfer the information to the handling airline. If your travel includes a transfer from Air Partners Corp. to another airline the requirement for special assistance may also be transferred so that the receiving airline can accommodate you as best as possible.
Unaccompanied Minors Children between the ages of five to eleven may travel alone on provisions for the unaccompanied minor to be escorted by Air Partners Corp. agents and/or flight attendants. The service must be requested at the same time the child's flight is booked by the child's parent/guardian. Upon arrival at the airport, the child's parent or guardian will be required to complete "a request for carriage" form. The information on this form identifies the child and their flight itinerary as well as the identification and contact names of the people meeting the child at the transfer points or final destination. We also require the name, address and a contact telephone number and authorizing signature of the parent or guardian authorizing the request for travel. This information is required in order to assure the safety of the child. From the moment they arrive at airport check-in, until they reach their final destination, all children are escorted and supervised by our staff. If the travel itinerary includes a transfer, ground staff will escort the child and see him/her safely onboard the connecting flight. If the child's travel plans include another airline we must transfer the information so that the receiving airline may continue this safe and efficient process.
Because of the additional security precautions necessary to protect children, bookings for unaccompanied minors (8-11 years old) cannot be made online at Air Partners Corp..ca.
Flights Travelling Through United States of America Airspace The Transportation Security Administration (TSA) requires you to provide your full name, date of birth, and gender for the purpose of watch list screening, under the authority of 49 U.S.C. section 114, the Intelligence Reform and Terrorism Prevention Act of 2004 and 49 C.F.R parts 1540 and 1560. You may also provide your Redress Number, if available. Failure to provide your full name, date of birth, and gender may result in denial of transport or denial of authority to enter the boarding area. TSA may share information you provide with law enforcement or intelligence agencies or others under its published system of records notice. For more on TSA privacy policies, or to review the system of records notice and the privacy impact assessment, please see the TSA Web site at www.tsa.gov.
Cookies A cookie is a small amount of data, often including an anonymous unique identifier that is sent to your browser from a website's computer and stored on your computer's hard drive. We use "cookies" to collect and compile general statistical data - cookies do not give us access to any of your personal information. Cookies track the movements of visitors to our website and allow us to collect anonymous information about visitor website usage patterns to better understand and meet their requirements with improved website design.
Permanent cookies remain on your hard drive until you remove them through your browser's Internet security settings. Permanent cookies are used to store user preferences such as preferred language and thus eliminate your having to make the same entries on each visit.
3. Consent Your consent is required for the collection, use, or disclosure of your personal information. When you book your travel or join www.airpartners.ca, the fact of your doing so provides Air Partners Corp. with your implied consent to use your information to fulfill your request.
4. Limiting Collection of Personal Information Air Partners Corp. limits the collection of personal information to that which is necessary to fulfill the purpose for which it was collected.
Air Partners Corp. uses contractual and other means to ensure that your personal information is afforded protection that meets the requirements of PIPEDA whenever a third party agent is used to complete some or all the stages of processing necessary to complete your travel transaction or for research or survey purposes. Research and survey data is reported back to Air Partners Corp. as aggregated data with no reference to individual customers.
Customers who do not wish to be contacted for research or survey purposes should advise Air Partners Corp.'s Privacy Office.
5. Limiting Use, Disclosure and Retention of Personal Information Air Partners Corp. will not use or disclose your personal information for purposes other than those for which it was collected, except with your consent or as required by law.
All airlines, including Air Partners Corp., are required by new security laws in the U.S. and other countries to give border control agencies access to passenger data. This means that any information we hold about you and your travel arrangements may be disclosed to customs and immigration authorities of any country in your itinerary.
Your personal information will be retained for as long as necessary to fulfill the purposes for which it was collected.
6. Accuracy When you join Air Partners Corp..ca we encourage you to ensure that your personal information is accurate and up to date by visiting our website, clicking on 'View/Update My Profile" and making the necessary changes.
7. Safeguards We protect your personal information using a variety of security safeguards. For example, we use a Secure Socket Layer protocol (SSL), which allows all of your personal information, such as your address or credit card number, to be encrypted as it travels from your computer to Air Partners Corp.'s booking system over the Internet. Once we receive your personal information, the information is unencrypted and processed in the same way as a credit card transaction placed via the telephone.
9. Individual Access You have the right (subject to certain limited exceptions set forth in PIPEDA) to be informed by us of the existence, use, and disclosure of your personal information and have access to that information.
We take complaints concerning Air Partners Corp.'s compliance with PIPEDA very seriously. All complaints are investigated.